What Are the Benefits of an AC Powered Spy Camera:
As the name implies, an AC powered hidden camera or nanny cam is one that is plugged into an outlet for power. This is as opposed to a battery powered hidden camera, which operate generally using internal lithium-ion rechargeable batteries.
The main benefit of an AC powered camera is that they provide 24/7 operation. There are no batteries to charge, and no worries that the battery life will run out. You'll also never have to spend time charging batteries.
Dual Power Supply (AC and Battery Powered) Hidden Cameras:
Some of our hidden cameras listed here feature a dual power supply - meaning that they can be both AC powered and battery powered, like the 1080P HD Motion Activated Mini Clock Hidden Camera with Night Vision.
Cameras with a dual power supply can be very beneficial because they can be both portable for short-term use (such as taking them with you to a hotel room to keep an eye on your luggage) or can be used for long term use, like home security. By being able to choose either AC or battery power, it gives you the added flexibility to use the hidden camera in many different situations.
Popular Uses for AC Powered Hidden Cameras:
- Monitor your home while you are away at work or on vacation
- Keep tabs on a babysitter or nanny while they care for your children
- Use an AC powered hidden camera for 24/7 continuous home security and monitoring
- Watch your business and ensure that employees are productive
- Prevent and investigate vandalism or theft